Articles, Blog

Conor McGregor’s coach provides update on UFC star’s return – The News

Conor McGregor’s coach provides update on UFC star’s return – The News


 Conor McGregor’s coach John Kavanagh has called on his fighter to back up his words with results in the cage  The Irishman is due to return to the UFC on January 18 in Las Vegas, likely against Donald Cerrone  It will be McGregor’s first fight since he was choked out by Khabib Nurmagomedov last October as he lost his challenge for the lightweight title  The Dubliner wants to fight three times next year – against Cerrone, the winner of Nate Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal, and a rematch with Nurmagomedov in Moscow  And Kavanagh told ESPN: “Like (UFC president) Dana [White] said nothing is 100 per cent until all contracts are signed I do, as far as I am aware all parties have agreed more or less in principle.  “There may be a few kinks to be ironed out But, as far as I am aware, hopefully, an announcement is imminent.  “I’m just happy to see him back competing and is in a great mindset We are training away, chipping away.  It is 11 weeks tomorrow and ticking all the boxes I can’t wait for the announcement so we can be full steam ahead.  “But, I am sure it is, I actually had in my head maybe during this event they are going to do an ad or something, I don’t know, maybe that is coming ”    “I hope so, I hope so. Actions not words so let’s just do it in 2020. I feel I’ve been talking about it for two years or something  “He is very pumped up, I like how is talking about it being a season and has three fights in mind First on January 18, then April, then September. I haven’t heard that type of very structured talk for him in a long time But, let’s do actions not words.”  McGregor announced his comeback at a press conference in Moscow last week with White and Cerrone subsequently confirming a deal is close

Tagged , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *